Exploring our blue planet is one of the best things about being a scuba diver. You’ll go places people have never heard of and see things others can only imagine.
But before you can giant stride into a magical underwater wonderland, you have to pack…and sometimes pay an airline to take your gear. The solution: wear your scuba gear on the plane!
All kidding aside, here are some quick tips to make your next dive trip a little easier.
- Download the Scuba Diving Vacation Checklist PDF to ensure you don’t forget something important.
- Visit iflybags.com to view baggage restrictions and fees for most of the major air carriers.
- Contact a PADI Dive Shop in the area where you’re traveling to find out about special permits and/or prohibited items. Some diving destinations do not allow spearfishing equipment. Others prohibit dive gloves.
- If you’re traveling out of the country, contact your bank and credit card company to alert them where you’re going. Your charges from another country may be flagged as fraudulent and declined.
- Don’t forget your PADI C-Card! For convenience, or as a backup, order a PADI eCard for your smartphone. eCards are available from any PADI Dive Shop or via padi.com. Posted by Megan - PADI.com/Blog/2013/02/10